Sibford Ferris Manor House or Great House was built in 1666 by Thomas Walford and re-fronted in the 18th century. It was bought in 1797 by Joseph Harris, a Quaker, who sold it to the Society of Friends in 1842 for 'the purposes of a school.' The manor became the original school building. It was sold in 2001 for redevelopment into apartments and houses and the access road, Walford Road, was named after the original builder. The school now occupies a site on 'the Hill' to the south of Main Street.